There has been numerous question throughout the presidential election whether Barack Obama meets the definition of "natural born citizen" under Article II of the US Constitution. Naturalized citizens are ineligible because of the legal principle of "The Appearance of Foreign Allegiance". The issue of his eligibility to become President will continue even if he is sworn in on January 20th. The legality of any laws he signs or executive orders he issues will be suspect until this issue is finally resolved.
The Eligibility Issue Is Much About Nothing.
Main Reference: Wikipedia
- It is just sour grapes. The citizens have spoken, they wanted Barack Obama as President.
- If there was anything to the question, Hillary Clinton with her media friends would have exposed it.
- The Supreme Court has already turned down the challenge from Phillip Berg.
- Representatives of FactCheck.com were allowed access to a certified copy of the "Certification of Birth" issued by the Hawaii Department of Health. They deemed it a valid copy and showed his birth place as Honolulu.
- Officials of Hawaii Department of Health also have stated that the Certification of Birth is valid and is sufficient to allow a person to get a U.S. passport.
- The Honolulu Advertiser carried Barack Obama's birth announcement on August 13, 1961.
Return to Home Page
He Is Not Eligible To Become President!
Main References: freerepublic.com
In 1981, as a 19- or 20-year-old adult, Barack Jr traveled to Pakistan to visit his mother, on an Indonesian passport - the passport of a nation which does NOT allow dual citizenship - thereby proving that there was a period in his life, as an adult, during which Barack Jr considered himself to have been a citizen of Indonesia and NOT a citizen of the United States of America.
The Supreme Court has not ruled on Obama's eligibility, just that Phillip Berg, as a private citizen, did not have standing to bring the suit. At least ten other lawsuits are pending regarding Obama's eligibility to hold the office of President of the United States.
- The Certification of Birth issued by Hawaii does not verify that Obama is a "native" born citizen. Hawaii issues Certificates of Live Birth for those born outside the State and even outside the country if the parents, or one of the parents, are natives of, or residents in, the State.
- A photo copy of the original "long" form Birth Certificate generated in 1961 has not been made available. This is the Birth Certificate that is being requested to be released, not the short Certification of Birth.
- It is reported that Obama's mother was late in her pregnancy while visiting Kenya. Airlines will normally refuse to allow women to fly when they are that close to delivering. It would logical that they would quickly return to Hawaii, after the birth, to register their son as a U.S. citizen.
- To date, no hospital records in Honolulu have been provided nor any witnesses have step forward to attest to the birth of Barack Obama in Honolulu.
- The fact that Barack's father was a citizen of Kenya, at that time a colony of England, gives him at the minimum dual citizenship and if tradition is followed, British Colonial citizenship whereas children assume the citizenship of the father. Dual citizenship makes him ineligible to become president.
- There is strong evidence that Obama was adapted by his mother's second husband, Lolo Soetoro, for the five years they lived in Indonesia. If he was adopted, under Indonesian law, he would have automatically become an Indonesian citizen. Note; The fees and bribes to keep a non-citizen boy at the time in Indonesia would have run about $1000 (1966 dollars) per year.
- His first elementary school, STLP Asisi (in Indonesia) listed his nationality as Indonesian and his father as: Lolo Soetoro. Note: Only Indonesian children were allowed to attend STLP Asisi in 1968.
- In 1971, Barry Soetoro (Barack Obama) left Indonesia on an Indonesian passport.