We need to build a fence now.
Return to Home Page
- Control of our borders is required for national security.
- We need to reduce the amount of illegal drugs that are being transported over the southern border.
- We need to reduce the influx of low skill illegal immigrants that are driving US wages down, taking jobs that normally would be performed by US citizens.
- The massive influx of illegal immigrants across the southern border is significantly increasing the costs to provide education, medical services and law enforcement.
- The fence would help reduce the amount of drug related lawlessness on both sides of the border.
- The border agents are currently over-whelmed. The fence would reduce the flow to allow them to concentrate on the fewer illegal immigrants that do make it past the wall.
There is no need to build a fence.
- There are less expensive and intrusive ways to restrict access using such methods as virtual walls using sophisticated monitoring or employment restrictions.
- It is an unfriendly symbol to the world. Sends a signal just the opposite of the Statue of Liberty.
- A fence will not stop the illegal immigration.
- Walls will disrupt the culture and economies of border towns and cities.
- It will impose an unreasonable burden on landowners where the wall will be built.
- It will harm some border wildlife refuges.
Copyright 2008; All rights reserved. ClearPictureOnline.com